Friday, July 10, 2009

The Proposal







Justin and I got engaged on September 27th, 2008. Justin took me on a hike up Lake Blanche Trail, in the Wasatch Mountains, Utah. I thought it would be a piece of cake, but little did I know it was quite difficult (for me). About ten minutes into the hike, I started to get dizzy, due to not eating breakfast that morning. I tried to tough it out and ignore the dizziness but I thought I should tell Justin just in case he looked back and I was falling down the mountain. After telling him how I was feeling, he filled me up with water, trail mix and a peanut butter sandwich. I went up the mountain a little bit more but still kept getting dizzy. He though to himself, " Satan is trying really hard for me not to propose, but I will carry her all the way up the mountain if I have to."He then told me he would just carry me up the mountain. I bet him that he couldn't care me. He said he could for about twenty minutes. He made it ten and then I made him put me down because I felt him shaking. Still pretty good. It turns out that after he bet me that he could carry me, that was the hardest, steepest part of the mountain. What a trooper. After a bit, Justin started uncontrollably coughing. He had got a piece of peanut stuck in his throat. He said he was coughing so hard he though he would throw up. He was good after a few minutes of drinking some water. The rest of the way went okay. We took breaks every few minutes, but Justin kept telling me it would be worth it. After a couple of hours, we finally made it up the mountain. It was beautiful. I wanted to sit down and have lunch but Justin thought it would be a good idea to go to a better spot. We ended up overlooking three of the lakes, a waterfall and the mountainside. As I was taking pictures, he was digging the ring out from the backpack. He told me, "You know what would make this hike more perfect? He got down on his knee..I thought he was kidding. He does stuff like this to get me going. He pulled the ring out from his pocket, my jaw dropped and then he asked me to marry him. I was speechless. I don't remember much but he said I hit him and said "you tricked me." After the shock subsided a bit, I finally said "YES". It was the the perfect ring with the perfect proposal, to the perfect man!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I'd never heard all of those details, how funny! You guys are great.

    ReplyDelete