Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blessed!


As I sat down tonight, I looked down at my healthy, happy baby girl and couldn't help to think of all of my blessings. First of all I am so grateful to have been raised by parents who loved me and didn't go a day without telling me. Growing up, I knew I belonged, I knew I was loved, I was given the attention I needed and I was being tought the things I needed to learn. I am grateful for my siblings...Yes we fought like crazy but I remember my mother telling me to be nice to them because some day they were going to be my best friends. Well, now I know. . Second, I am so grateful to have Justin as my husband and father to my child. I could not imagine life without him and I quite honsestly dont remember life without him. He is patient, kind, selfless, sincere, funny and shows me he loves me everyday with his words and actions. I am so blessed to have a worthy priesthood holder in my home who I can call upon at any time and go to for anything that is on my mind. My love for him grows each day and still gives me the chills. And finally, my most recent blessing...Kinley. As long as I can remember I wanted to be a mother. I have always felt that being a mother was my "calling" in life. After Justin and I got married I looked forward to life with just the two of us but I couldnt wait for that time in our life when we would bring a baby into this world. After my miscarriage last year, I felt so tourn apart from losing my baby. I promised God that if he would bless us with a healthy child, I would NEVER take it for granted. I would raise that sweet baby the best I could and love him or her as much as I knew how. Well, life goes by and I get cought up in feedings, changing diapers, rocking her to sleep, taking baths, ect and I sometimes forget about that point in my life. I am not saying I have been taking her for granted, but I need to remember that a crying baby, lack of sleep or a dirty diaper is nothing..Life is better and bigger than getting caught up in the little things. I am grateful I have these dirty diapers to change, sleep to lose and a crying baby to soothe. I can truly say that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing. Although we may not like the timing of things or thought things would turn out different, he knows best. He knows what we will grow from, he knows what we need and he know what will make us truly happy in the end. I look at my sweet little girl and my heart just beams. I can't say I am glad I had my miscarriage but I am so glad that I know who is in charge and he knows me best of all. He is the reason I have what I have and he is the reason why my daughter is here: happy and healthy and stealing my heart as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment