Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tada!

Today a friend and I started a craft project that we had in mind. Car seat canopies are becoming more and more popular and I figured I might need one some day, so why not make it now. I had a whole Saturday to myself. We started at ten o'clock this morning and I just got home at nine p.m. The project itself took about 6-7 hours. It took many mistakes to develop this piece of work :) but I'm actually pretty proud of myself, considering this is only the second or third thing I have sewn in my life. Next time, I think it will go much faster.





4 comments:

  1. Hey Holly, I've been looking at your blog from time to time just to see how you guys are doing! This canopy thing is great! I wish I was crafty like this/had a friend here who'd be willing to help me be crafty! I hope you guys are doing well! I heard you're in a different state doing stuff! What an adventure! We're in Alaska for the summer doing the same time thing! Hopefully at some point we'll run in to each other when we all get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! I love love that green fabric. I've seen them around at church and I would love to have one, but I'm about as good of a seamstress as you are it sounds like :) But SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Anne, trust me..If I can do it, anyone can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute, Holly! Love the colors and yes, I'm sure you will need it someday. Hope you're having a great summer in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete